BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – March 30, 2017 – The Baltimore Comic-Con will be held on September 22-24, 2017 at the Inner Harbor’s Baltimore Convention Center.
Our first priority at the Baltimore Comic-Con will always be the safety and welfare of our fans, guests, vendors, and the Baltimore community as a whole. It is with this priority in mind, along with new legislation in the City of Baltimore as well as recent tragedies both at home and abroad, that the Baltimore Comic-Con is prohibiting bringing weapons of any kind into the convention.
The new legislation passed in the city of Baltimore makes possession of replica guns illegal. Replica guns are subject to seizure and forfeiture, and certain penalties are imposed for possession. Further details can be found at the following link: https://baltimore.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=2840575&GUID=C68FF372-6696-437B-B4EE-27C0371C25C4
The following list is not meant to be all-inclusive and the Baltimore Comic-Con reserves the right to prohibit additional items not listed in this policy. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Firearms of any kind (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, and pellet guns)
- Replica firearms (including reproductions, or toy guns that can be confused for actual firearms)
- Any projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons, and water guns)
- Bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives and swords, sword canes, and switch blades)
- Explosives of any type (including black powder, firecrackers, and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including bats, mallets, brass knuckles, clubs, and any type of martial arts weapon)
- Prop weapons made of anything besides soft plastic or foam. The Baltimore Comic-Con reserves the right to deny admission to individuals attempting to bring any prop into the show deemed unacceptable by staff.
Please note that any replica or prop weapon purchased from a Vendor at the convention must remain in the packaging or be taken out of the convention center.
We completely appreciate the time and effort that so many of our fans and guests put into their costumes and convention attire. Whether dressing for our annual costume contest, cosplay, or simply showing your fandom, we understand that weaponry is often part of the overall presentation. We sincerely hope everyone understands these extra measures that have been designed to preserve a safe and enjoyable environment for all and to ensure compliance with new legislation in Baltimore, and we strongly encourage everyone to continue wearing the costumes on which they have spent so much time and effort.
Thank you in advance for working with us to ensure a safe and fun time is experienced by everyone at the Baltimore Comic-Con.
Visit www.baltimorecomiccon.com/tickets/ for more information and to purchase your advanced tickets!
In the coming weeks, look for more announcements from the Baltimore Comic-Con. We are looking forward to highlighting our guests, the Harvey Awards, industry exclusives, and programming. The latest developments can always be found on our website, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages.